Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Handling Different locale dates

HI

i am building a report for a team member in my US department who gives me a csv file, though i am building the report. he will publish and run it.

though i am in australia

when i am provided with a csv file, the dates within are  represented as US format MM/DD/YYYY i.e. 08/07/2019 which is 7th August 2019

when i import this into powerbi the dates are still shown as 08/07/2019 but this is seen as AUS format of DD/MM/YYY thus the date is seen as 8th July 2019

due to this problem if someone has a date such as 05/29/2019, powerbi throws an error as it thinks it is 5th day of the 29th month

is there a way to handle these dates and confirm the format it? i do not care which locale the dates are appearing as, just not the way it is shown at the moment

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can change time to any timezone as you want in power query as below.

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can change time to any timezone as you want in power query as below.

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. that worked

though to had to add a step to convert the type to text then add the step to change it based on locale

when i did just the change it based on locale it wouldnt convert it correctly

not sure why but worked perfectly that way

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.