Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rigolleto
Resolver I
Resolver I

Handle two Queries in the same Dashboard

Hi,

I have to Queries running in my Sales analisys Dashbord, one of the queries was cloned and I did add some new coolumns as well as some calculated columns, the issue and/ question I have is how I should related them and get them use the same slicers?

If I try to conect them them I many to many error is coming up, Any suggestion about the best way to handle multiple queries in the same Dashboard

Thanks

Rigo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michiel
Resolver III
Resolver III

You should create one or more new tables in your model containing the fields on which you want to slice. Each table should contain a column with unique values, that can be used to connect your original queries/tables. Like, if you have customer information in both tables, you will have a lot of duplicate data about these customers. Instead, create a separate customer data identified by customer number (in hope you have that, or something else that is unique - how else would you distinguish between customers?)

You can create these tables from your original queries by referencing them, keeping only the columns relevant to the new table, and remove duplicate rows (be sure to select all columns before adding that step).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Michiel
Resolver III
Resolver III

You should create one or more new tables in your model containing the fields on which you want to slice. Each table should contain a column with unique values, that can be used to connect your original queries/tables. Like, if you have customer information in both tables, you will have a lot of duplicate data about these customers. Instead, create a separate customer data identified by customer number (in hope you have that, or something else that is unique - how else would you distinguish between customers?)

You can create these tables from your original queries by referencing them, keeping only the columns relevant to the new table, and remove duplicate rows (be sure to select all columns before adding that step).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.