Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTMLVIEWER visualization query - help

1. Dear Forum Members,

I have imported HTMLViewer visualization, Managed to get it worked with my HTML column, it works fine if You highlight or click on any row within a table, issue is when I click the row again which means un-selecting the selected row, it try and add all the values from other rows as nothing is selected, I have a lot of values in the same column, total rows more than 100K and each row contain several lines within single column as an HTML formatted email.

Question: Is there a way to make it blank once now row is highlighted and only show that specific row html content in the viewer when the row is selected. I am not making any selection via slicers as every contains email in html format within one column along with other columns. 

I have attached a sample as well, it has 3 columns - 2 are in the straight table and one HTML column is in HTML Viewer, if You select any row from the table, it shows nicely that record related HTML in the viewer but when You click on it or unselect it, HTML viewer visualization fills all the emails for that column within that table.

Unfortunately, I am unable to attach, I have uploaded it to the dropbox, below is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3me15qqia4nm8xa/HtmlViewer_Sample.pbix?dl=0

I tried several scenarios by searching on internet as below:

(1) https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/

The above link work but the issue is when I un-select the row in a table by clicking on it, then card does appear in front and hides the HTML viewer visualization but because nothing is selected it try to get all the html from other rows to combine within HTML Viewer.

(2) https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/HTML-viewer-to-show-filter-selections/td-p/639675

I have tried the above link but does not look like it is giving me what I am looking for or probably I am doing something wrong.

Please kindly advise.

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to the sample data and the first link you provided, I have made the result you want. You can refer to this pbix file.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-lianl-msft  & @mwegener  - Thank You very much for Your response and time taken to reply my, highly appreciated, You guys are real gems.

@V-lianl-msft 

I did create that using the link below in my original post, if You refer to my original post:

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visua

Based on the above link, I have managed to create the similar as You have done it as well, issue here is I have lot of rows - specifically more than 100K - now when You un-select the option we change the card back to show a message but behind the scene You have all 100K rows html column value gets merged within HTML Viewer visual and it takes a while to come back - data keep appending for each of the HTML which is causing un-necessarily delay and some time freezing the screen until it appends all the emails/html in HTMLViewer.

I am sorry If I was not clear but did You get my point?

What I wanted to either somehow make the HTMLViewer empty or blank on de-selection or un-selection, I think @mwegener  has suggested to go for a single select that sounds like a work-around as it will always have a single option selected which will not allow user to de-select and hence will not ends up appending all the rows html single column value within HTML Viewer, I assume so, I will test it and will accept this work-around as a solution.

Would look forward if we can have some enhancements or any other solution available for this.

Thank You very much @mwegener @V-lianl-msft 

Kind regards,

Hi @Anonymous ,

did you solve your problem?

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think it's not possible because the HTML Viewer does not support measures.

But maybe you can live with this workaround.

singleHTMLView Filter.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Alternatively, the HTMLViewer as a tooltip.

QIHTMLViewer.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.