Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Guillaume_R
Frequent Visitor

HTML viewer app

Hello,

I am trying to use the new app "HTML Viewer" i uploaded yesterday.

I am trying to import HTML content in power BI without any success.

Someone may help me on how to import HTML content in Power BI and how use the "HTML viewer app"?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your HTML contained within quotation marks?

No, I don't wrap it in quotes.  It comes from my source as a text HTML fragment.  Here is a screenshot of a single record in the table visual (interpreted as text) and the HTML Viewer visual (interpreted as HTML):

snip_20171017123235.png

Here is a screenshot of my authoring experience in the PBI Desktop using an embedded iframe approach for a YouTube video.  Note that I don't see the content in the HTML Viewer when using iframes:

snip_20171017123744.png

Finally, after I have published the .pbix file up to the service, I see my expected result for the iframe content:

snip_20171017123833.png

Could you share how to do this? I have an trouble with black screen when I publish. Is there any setting about that?

@mow700 wrote:

No, I don't wrap it in quotes.  It comes from my source as a text HTML fragment.  Here is a screenshot of a single record in the table visual (interpreted as text) and the HTML Viewer visual (interpreted as HTML):

snip_20171017123235.png

Here is a screenshot of my authoring experience in the PBI Desktop using an embedded iframe approach for a YouTube video.  Note that I don't see the content in the HTML Viewer when using iframes:

snip_20171017123744.png

Finally, after I have published the .pbix file up to the service, I see my expected result for the iframe content:

snip_20171017123833.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any steps for troubleshooting the black screen while displaying the embedded YouTube video on the Power BI report? 

Below is the snippet of the issue that I am facing.

HTMLviewer issue.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Were you able to solve this issue? I'm also facing the same black screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Unfortunately I haven't been able to resolve this issue. I came across this when I was playing around with this tool. But somehow I lost track of this issue. Would love to know if anybody else has found a workaround to resolve this issue.

Hi, 

Do you mind sharing your Model, I have been trying to do this but it was not working for me. I just show a black screen.

Regards,

Prathy

I get the same result when trying to embed the iframe from youtube. Any troubleshooting help would be great!

mow700
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Guillaume_R,

I got the "HTML Viewer" custom visual to successfully embed an iframe of a youtube video as desired.  However, the embedded content is not displayed while I'm authoring the report in the PBIDesktop.  Once I publish the report to the service, the embedded video is displayed as expected.

Did you try to publish your report?

mow700
Resolver I
Resolver I

One alternative might be to embed the web content in a Dashboard using the service as opposed to embedding it in the report.

snip_20171010123909.png

snip_20171010124131.png

mow700
Resolver I
Resolver I

One alternative might be to embed the web content in a Dashboard using the service as opposed to embedding it in the report.

snip_20171010123909.png

snip_20171010124131.png

Pizani

I have the same problem. i'm trying to use this app but doesn't works when I try to import a embed video from youtube, for example.

...but, I can do it when I use images.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Guillaume_R,

Where is your HTML content stored, in Excel files, or from Web site? Could you be more precisely with importing HTML content in your scenario?

In addition, you should be able to follow steps in this article to use the HTML Viewer custom visual, or try the sample report there to see how to utilize this visual. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.