Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tommy_g
Helper V
Helper V

HTML Target parameter in URL column

I have a table which includes URL links.

The URL link opens a new browser tab and this is confusing my users.

In the past I've used the "target" parameter in the HTML Anchor <a href="***" target="<tab name>".

Using that same arbitrary tab name means the browser tab is re-used.

In this scenario the user knows how to flip back and forth between the app tab and the single linked tab.

I don't see any options where URL content is included in standard PBI controls, but there may be tricks available, if only I knew where to look.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tommy_g ,

It seems you want to open these URLs in same tab, right? But Power BI does not support this feature currently based on my research. You can try to use drill through this feature as a workaround, please refer the following documentations about the details. Not sure if it is suitable for your scenario...

Open report using hyperlink in the same tab of a web browser

How to open hyperlink in the same tab in power BI

In additional, there is one similar topic shared on Power BI Ideas, you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature .

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

These ideas are a good starting point.

I should have clarified my "target".

I'm using embedded reports on my website (Azure Web App)

The reports include a list of links to videos which are embedded Vimeo.

If the user goes back to select another video, I had hoped the second link would just re-activate the first tab, kind of like a selector list page which links to a detail page, what you see in the sample Power Apps. I tried embedding the Vimeo content directly via the HTML Viewer custom control, which is apparently no longer available, but was flakey anyways.

Hi @tommy_g ,

Sorry for misunderstanding your requirement. I'm afraid it also still not support this feature in Power BI. Anyway, I will continue to check with others and research it to check if there may be any other useful information that can help you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.