Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

damanpradhan
Helper I
Helper I

HOW TO : Select Slicer item when slicer is filtered

Hi Community ! 

So I have some requirements that need me to traverse through various pages in a report. 

I achieved this using the DrillThrough feature, but thats not going to work as the users are used to an earlier system where all they had to do was click on dynamically created buttons.

So the scenario is that I have alerts which belong to various groups. We need to show only those groups which have alerts in them(This is taken care of already and I get the list of the groups) in the "master page". These groups should come as a list of buttons, which the user should be able to click and move to the next page, which would have some details about the alert, like a description etc. Then on clicking that alert in the 2nd page, the user should be taken to a 3rd page where some charts about that alert is displayed. The user should also be able to navigate back through the pages via buttons.

Currently, I am using a Chiclet slicer to show the group information. 

So the buttons are taken care of! 

Now I have a slicer which I will keep hidden in the master page, and which I will use to sync with the other pages. 

The fight now is that when I click on a Chiclet, the normal slicer is getting filtered, but the filtered item is not selected, which means that the sync does not happen across the other pages. 

Question now is, how can we have the filtered item selected on the click of a Chiclet? 

Any help would be appreciated ! 

Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @damanpradhan 

Based on my research, custom visual Chiclet slicer couldn't be applied sync slicers, and you don't do any select on built-in slicer, so it won't be synchronized. you could use built-in slicer instead of Chiclet slicer.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for that info @

hi, @damanpradhan 

I suggest you use built-in slicer instead of Chiclet slicer and then set sync slicers for different page.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-lili6-msft  . However, my requirements are a little different. If you could kindly go through this chain of posts, you can get a clearer picture of what the requirement i

Any help is much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.