Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RanHo
Helper IV
Helper IV

HOW TO ACCUMULATE THE TARGET - BY FILTER PER MONTH (POWERBI)

Good day! I want to know if someone got idea how can I accumulate my monthly target per month depends on my filters.  Any tips, advice or help be appreciated.

Thanks!
This is 2 tables
TARGET TABLETARGET TABLETRANSACTION TABLETRANSACTION TABLE

and this is the output:
filtered month jan and febfiltered month jan and febfiltered month January onlyfiltered month January only
as you can see I want my target to accumulate , like if I want to filter the JAN that has a 15 monthly target, if I add the FEB on filtered that has a 20 monthly target it supposed to be 35 monthly for the 2 months selected filter.

Is there anything wrong on my tables or connections/relationship of my tables? Need helps 

thanks in advance!

- RanHo

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RanHo ,

It seems like your month in the filters does not have a realtionship with your target.

Is the month in the filters from TRANSACTION table? It could be an error due to the direction of the relationship.

Please check your relationship of your two tables.

Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-stephen-msft I think the month filters from TARGET TABLE. I think that's why my target does not accumulate. Maybe I'll try to check the relationship of my tables. Do you think my ID's connecting from to tables weird?

Thanks
-Ran Ho

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.