Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

i820017
Resolver II
Resolver II

HH:MM:SS Will Not Chart

I am trying to chart data that is in the format HH:MM:SS along the Y-Axis and CallMonth along the X-Axis, and I am not able to do so. The DAX that I am using is below.                     

ACW___Avg =

VAR a = [ACWAvg]

VAR hours = INT ( a / 3600 )

VAR minutes = INT ( MOD ( a - ( hours * 3600 ), 3600 ) / 60 )

VAR seconds = ROUNDUP ( MOD ( MOD ( a - ( hours * 3600 ), 3600 ), 60 ), 0 )

RETURN

TIME ( hours, minutes, seconds )

When I enter this data into a matrix, the data compiles as seen below.

i820017_0-1622131567241.png

However, when I enter this data into a line graph, the data does not chart. Specifically, when I try putting ‘ACW___Avg’ into ‘Values’ under the ‘Fields’ list under ‘Visualizations’, it does not work. In fact, Power BI puts ‘ACW___Avg’ into ‘Tooltips’ automatically as seen below.

i820017_1-1622131567251.png

Below is a picture of the line graph that I get -- as you can see, there is no line graph 😞   

i820017_2-1622131767686.png

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok...I will accept this as a solution...thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@i820017 , As this is a text value, I doubt you can use that in values of visual like bar pie, etc. But I think, if there is a value already there in visual, you should be able to use this measure or tooltip

hello,
and if the variable is in date / time format, is possible to use this in the y axis?
I am trying to do that but power bi always create a "count of" ans shows the number of ocurrences and not the time value that I want.

Ok...I will accept this as a solution...thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.