Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HELPP PLEASE!!!I need to conect to Files EXTENSION

Hi Community,

I need to know how I can load a file extension .RLS 

Im gonna add the file in my drop box if someone wants to have a look (Pbix and .rls File)

The machine  where I get the file from is called "business object"

This is what happen: If I switch the extension of the file to CVS, I have no problem...but if I load the native file it looks like this: These are my steps:

Switch extension manually to CVS:

222222222222.JPGQuestion 3.JPG

File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhhsbm4i3mxkum0/CL_CH_MKT_LEADS_CORTO%20%282%29.rsl?dl=0

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai 

You were right,,,I made a mistake with the pick...anyways this is what Im trying to find out:

I need to conect to that file but get the right (lINK TO THE FILE BELOW)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lhhsbm4i3mxkum0/CL_CH_MKT_LEADS_CORTO%20%282%29.rsl?dl=0

2222222222.JPG

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Hi @Anonymous ,

Find the file extension is " .rsl" but not " .rls", it is not supported to connect this type file currently in Power BI Desktop, and I try to convert it to other extension, also I try to change its structure in Query editor after importing this file, while it's still not your desired output. So I recommend you try to change the structure of this file using Disaggregate data in Excel to which you have showed in screenshot , then try it again.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What is the relationship for the content between picture one and picture two ? It seems it's different between picture one and picture two, while picture two is the same with the File which you have shared in link.

You want to connect to the .rls file, while there is no .rls connector in Power BI Desktop, so you change the extension of file to CSV or others, but return the result is not your demand , right?

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data or desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

Best Regards,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.