Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP with XIRR function (aggregate data)

Hi there,

I am struggling with XIRR, I think I am loosing the fight so help is welcomed 🙂

I have build a table "DataFin" (from a copy of another source table and then adding some filtering and pivoting data) like the following :

Notice that DIM_Date is date of the file and not related at all to Date of the cashflow.

DIM_DATE    DIM_COUNTRY   DIM_FILE ... (other DIMS) ... Index   Payment    Date

01/01/2018    Belgium                123                                          0           -1000          01/05/2018

01/01/2018    Belgium                123                                          1           150             01/06/2018

01/01/2018    Belgium                123                                          ...           ...                ...

02/01/2018    Belgium                345                                          0           -500          01/07/2018

02/01/2018    Belgium                345                                          1           75             01/08/2018

02/01/2018    Belgium                345                                          ...           ...                ...

And then I created a simple XIRR measure as follows :

TEC = XIRR(DataFin ; [Payment] ; [Date])

This measure gives (good) results as soon as I am just analyzing TEC by file 

DIM_FILE   TEC

123             3 %

345             3.99 %

Aggregation also works well when I ommit DIM_FILE in the visual but keep filtering on that dimension on the visual.

TEC

3.57 %

PROBLEM IS  : as soon as I try to use any slicers (DIM_DATE ...) or deactivate my test filter on the files or add dimension in the visual, it always gives me the following error :

PBI_error_xirr.png

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sam.

Here is a solution I found using groupby combined with IFERROR for missing values:

TEC =
IFERROR(XIRR(GROUPBY(DataFin;DataFin[Index];"Payment";SUMX(CURRENTGROUP();DataFin[Payment]);"Date_Payment";MAXX(CURRENTGROUP();DataFin;[Date])) ; [Payment] ; [Date_Payment]);"")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sam.

Here is a solution I found using groupby combined with IFERROR for missing values:

TEC =
IFERROR(XIRR(GROUPBY(DataFin;DataFin[Index];"Payment";SUMX(CURRENTGROUP();DataFin[Payment]);"Date_Payment";MAXX(CURRENTGROUP();DataFin;[Date])) ; [Payment] ; [Date_Payment]);"")

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Check if the following posts help.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.