Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

e1
Frequent Visitor

HELP publishing from PBI Desktop to on premises INTRANET

Hi all!!

I need some pro advice, please!!

I am curretly re-building all my companies Dashboards on Power BI desktop and I need to find a way to publish them to our INTRANET.

We have both Sharepoint Services 3.0 and Wordpress server running on our network.

What are the possibilities I have to share the created content on these plataforms?

I am currently publishing to PowerBI.com, them sharing it through a XML code, and embedding it on a xml Sharepoint Services page.

Problem with this solution is that the link PowerBI.com creates is a PUBLIC link, and that is a HUGE security for us.

PLEASE, PLEASE, help me finding out how to publish the dashboards and reports in our Intranet, without using public URLS.

THANKS!

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@e1,

I am currently publishing to PowerBI.com

Can you pin those report to dashboard and share this dashoard to others? Currently, if we use publish to web feature, it will generate a public URL, anyone can access this report if he/she have this URL.

When you share a dashboard, those you share it with can view it and interact with it. Please refer to refer to the link below to see the details about how to share a dashboard.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-share-unshare-dashboard/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Charlie, thank you very much for your kind reply!

I was already aware of both these methods, but they actually dont work for us.

We need to be able to publish the dashboards or reports in our intranet servers, be it Sharepoint Services 3.0 ou Wordpress, WITHOUT using a public shared link, like you mentioned.

Security is a major issue for us, because all data is private, and we can accept a public URL of our dashboards.

AdrienBailly
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello,

The simplest solution is to follow this video from Guy in a cube or this tutorial.

Spoiler
Note that this solutions can be use with Power BI free solution but don't offer RLS security feature.

Good luck !

Adrien BAILLY

Thank you very much, Adrien!

I was already aware of those methods, which in fact, are the same, applied differently. I already use this method and it does not work here for us, because they depend on a PUBLIC sharing of the dashboards, and that is something we cant allow.

I was wondering if there wasnt a "publish to intranet" feature on PowerBI desktop or PBI.com, but it seems there is none so far, which is a VERY BAD aspect of the application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.