Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RAdams
Helper III
Helper III

HELP! ...attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue.

I just started getting these types of Refresh errors on a Report that up to this point, had never gave me errors. 

It's very odd becuase the data refresh wass cancelled right after I get this message. When I view the report in Desktop, it refreshes just fine. It's only when I have the report uploaded where it bombs out on scheduled refresh time. 

Has anyone seen this error? I've moved refresh times. I recoded the SQL code that feeds the data. It just doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for any help. 

chrome_2019-08-19_12-56-45.png

3 REPLIES 3
RAdams
Helper III
Helper III

I managed to get this to work. I deleted the Report from the service and re-published the report to the Service. Very strange. 

Hi @RAdams ,

As the error message, the issue should be related to the on-premise gateway. So in your scenario, to restart the gateway should work as well.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @RAdams ,

Has your issue been solved? If so kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance. Any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.