cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RAdams Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

HELP! ...attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue.

I just started getting these types of Refresh errors on a Report that up to this point, had never gave me errors. 

It's very odd becuase the data refresh wass cancelled right after I get this message. When I view the report in Desktop, it refreshes just fine. It's only when I have the report uploaded where it bombs out on scheduled refresh time. 

Has anyone seen this error? I've moved refresh times. I recoded the SQL code that feeds the data. It just doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for any help. 

chrome_2019-08-19_12-56-45.png

3 REPLIES 3
RAdams Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: HELP! ...attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue.

I managed to get this to work. I deleted the Report from the service and re-published the report to the Service. Very strange. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HELP! ...attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue.

Hi @RAdams ,

As the error message, the issue should be related to the on-premise gateway. So in your scenario, to restart the gateway should work as well.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RAdams ,

Has your issue been solved? If so kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance. Any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 122 members 1,662 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: