Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP NEEDED: Display average of the Last Twelve Months

Dear community, 

I am struggeling to calculate the average of the last twelve months. In the Table the amount of employees are shown for each month. 

My DAX formula currently is: 

Employees Average LTM = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Facts[Value]), AccountStructure[AccountLevel1]="6-3 Personal",AccountStructure[AccountLevel2]="Mitarbeiter",AccountStructure[AccountLevel3]="Mitarbeiter - Übersicht", AdjustmentLevel[AdjustmentLevelName]= "Controlling", DATESINPERIOD(Period[Date_complete], MAX(Period[Date_complete]),12,MONTH))

Sadly, the value shown is completely off, as it should be around 5.989 and it shows me 35.

Kind regards
Nick 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar Problem with another DAX. 

The number is so close but still not right and I don't get why. Should be something around 260 but is 287

DAX: 

Personalkosten (inkl. Leiharbeit) LTM AVERAGE = - CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(VALUES(Period[Month]), calculate(sum(Facts[Value]), AccountStructure[AccountLevel1]="Kennzahlen IFRS", AccountStructure[AccountLevel2]="Kennzahlen zur Ertragslage",AccountStructure[AccountLevel3]="LTM Personalkosten (inkl. Leiharbeit)", AdjustmentLevel[AdjustmentLevelName]= "IFRS Konzernabschluss", DataLevel[DataLevelName]= "IST")), DATESINPERIOD(Period[Date_complete],today(),-12,MONTH))
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shaurya @Greg_Deckler @PaulDBrown @Jihwan_Kim 

Does any of you have a guess what I am doing wrong?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try a measure like

12 Month Avg = CALCULATE(AverageX(Values('Date'[MONTH Year]),calculate(Sum('Table'[Value)))
,DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-12,MONTH))

or check

Average of Rolling, Average of Snapshots: https://youtu.be/_pZRdLAJxxA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, I still receive the wrong numbers. Now 23,83 thousand 😕 

DAX is as following: 

Employees Average LTM = CALCULATE(AVERAGEX(VALUES(Period[Month]), calculate(sum(Facts[Value]), AccountStructure[AccountLevel1]="6-3 Personal", AccountStructure[AccountLevel2]="Mitarbeiter",AccountStructure[AccountLevel3]="Mitarbeiter - Übersicht", AdjustmentLevel[AdjustmentLevelName]= "Controlling")), DATESINPERIOD(Period[Date_complete], MAX(Period[Month]),-12,MONTH))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.