Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PHDurand
Helper I
Helper I

HELP Measure - Get total of rows instead of calculated measure

Hi all,

I'm writing to getsome help on my current issue. I built a model to calculate some price variation impacts.

I have a measure to get this (basically multiplying price variation by qty for each material ref sold). It's working well at row level & I can filter/drilldown/analyze at different level.

Now I would like to show the total impact instead of having to look all rows. The problem is that as it is a measure, the total is calculated using the formula. What I want is to show the total of all rows.

I first think of creating a calculated column instead of formulas but that does not work as I need the calculation by row to be done depending on my filters. So row calculation has to be dynamic (=measure).

Do you know how I can "force" a measure to give total of rows & not just applying the formula on total ?

Not sure I'm clear but I still hope someone may have face the same issue & can help.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PHDurand ,

You may could try with SUMX function.

Please have a reference of this similar thread.

In addition, I have made a test based on your description.

sumx.PNG

If you still need help, please share your sample data and your desired output so that we can help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PHDurand ,

You may could try with SUMX function.

Please have a reference of this similar thread.

In addition, I have made a test based on your description.

sumx.PNG

If you still need help, please share your sample data and your desired output so that we can help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.