Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TapZxK
Helper II
Helper II

**HELP** Display only specific data

Hi Folks, 

it's been a while since my last question. Power BI Journey is going fairly well. 

But yet again I need some assistance from you clever folk. 🙂 

Here goes:

I'm creating a report which will allow leadership team to better see our expenses and time efforts. 

I'm getting an excel with a source data from another team. 

This source Data Contains EVERY time report and EVERY transaction happening at the Project Account Level

The source excel file contains Column "TEAM" 

This Column contains names of the Teams such as "App Development" / "Agile Coaches" / "SIQ" / "Training" / DevOps"

1. I'm interseted to ONLY use the data that belongs to the team "SIQ" and nothing else. This Power BI Report will focus only on this one team and no-one else. 

I understand that I could open the excel and remove all the rows for all the other teams and only leave rows containing SIQ in the source file. But I would like to know if Power BI can do this manipulation for me and how.

2. I have also created two measures, that sums up all the hours (Total Hours) and all the expenses (Total Expenses)  but yet again, these measures sum up the total hours and Total Expenses of ALL the teams.  I'm only interested in summing up Expenses and Hours for "SIQ" Team. 

My simple measures looks like so:

Total Hours = SUM(Hours_Data[Hours])
Total Expenses = SUM(Expense_Data[Reporting Currency])

I truly apprciate your time and help with this.

Best Regards,
Kris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

For Question 1:

Open up the Data view > Transform Data dropdown > Transform data > Select the "Team" column dropdown and apply a filter to show only SIQ. 

Then hit 'Close & Apply'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adamtall
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

try,

Total Expenses = Calculate(SUM(Expense_Data[Reporting Currency]);Expense_Data[TEAM] = "SIQ")

/Adam

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Question 1:

Open up the Data view > Transform Data dropdown > Transform data > Select the "Team" column dropdown and apply a filter to show only SIQ. 

Then hit 'Close & Apply'

Thanks sduffy,

this is a case where there is no need to overthink and overcomplicate things.

I didn't think about such a simple solution because I thought that I will need some DAX formula for me to see the results, but in fact it was simply filtering the query. 😄 

BR,

Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.