Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToddFScholes
Regular Visitor

HANA Query Timeout Issue

Hi,

I have established a source connection to a HANA database, using "Import" connectivity type and specifying a simple SQL statement to read data from a specific table.   The correct table and contents are displayed (in preview), however when I then press the "Load" button I get the following timeout error.

TimeoutError1.PNG

The message "There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied" appears at the top of the screen.  If I press "Apply Changes" then it attempts to re-process however the same timeout error occurs.

If this is an actual timeout error, is there a way I can extend the timeout value?  ...or does it point to an actual connection error somewhere?  Note that if I go into "Edit Queries" I can see the query and the correct data shown, ready to load...

Thanks very much for your help!

Todd

3 REPLIES 3
RafalK
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am facing similar problem.

I see the data in query editor but I can't run the report, even if the query returns just one row of data.

Any updates on this topic?

Regards

Rafał Kun
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ToddFScholes,

You can connect the HAHA database successfully? After research, I find a similar thread, please review it.  The connection creation interface wasn't very specific about the need to include a port.  Did you add the port when prompted for the "server" express it like this:  <servername>.<domain>.<com/net>:<port>?

If you have not, please add the port number and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I have specified the port, and I am able to connect to the database.

My HANA database is running on my trial SAP Cloud Platform account, and I am connecting to it via SAP Cloud Connector which is running on my laptop.  So the server entry I specify is "localhost:35115".

Connection STring.PNG

When I select "connect" from this screen, the next screen I am shown is my table with the data - so it's obviously able to talk to the database ok!

Shows data.PNG

It's when I then press "Load", that I get the error shown in my previous post.  Is there anywhere that might display some logs to help understand the issue?  Or can I increase the timeout value?

Thanks for your help.

Todd

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.