Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrkuk
Frequent Visitor

HANA Import and DirectQuery ODBC Error

Hello, after updating to latest Power BI version when adding a SAP HANA datasource there is a ODBC Error when browsing cubes in Navigator window. Making it impossible to add a new HANA datasource.

This occures when trying to use Import method.

image.png

ODBC: ERROR [42000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] Syntax error or access violation;257 sql syntax error: incorrect syntax near "MDX": line 1 col 1 (at pos 1)

Simmilary if I connect with DirectQuery with "Threat SAP HANA as a relational source " unchecked  I get same error

If "Threat SAP HANA as a relational source " is checked im able to add selected datasource.

6 REPLIES 6
rudra_deep
Frequent Visitor

Hello @mrkuk, I was facing the same error while connecting hana using DirectQuery.

So, I created a FUNCTION of the HANA query and have called the same function in the PowerQuery with a simple select statement. You can try to do that, it worked for me.

gautamp

Anyone able to resolve this error? I am also getting this error when refreshing dataset via Gateway but able to refresh using Power BI Desktop. My report is also connected to Sap HANA DB. Pls help.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mrkuk,

Can you please share more detailed information about your query? It seems like a common syntax error caused by odbc query.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

We have the same issue. Can somebody from Microsoft look into it and let us know, what is the resolution?

We have the same issue. I appreciate to let us know, if anybody has a solution for this?

jontew
Regular Visitor

We have the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.