Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Groups and Drill through

Please Help!!

I've created groups companies which have a parent company i.e.

PARENT

Big Company (GroupName)

A Company

B Company

C Company

Big Company2 (GroupName)

D Company

E Company

I then created a drill through page

Problem --------

When I drill though Big Company or Big Company2

The drill shows the first Item in the group list and not Big Company or Big Company2 GROUPED

is there a solution , or am i missing something?

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your main table has not both attributes (MainCompany + Company) like:

MAIN COMPANYCOMPANYQTYVALUE
1A550
1B39
2D848
1C14
2E936
1A110
2D432

This way Power BI can make the grouping automatically, if it's not the case there's no way for Power BI to realise the association.

So either you tell with a table what Companies belong to each Main Company or you group as suggested above.

Let me know if it helped, if it worked please mark as solutions, if it didn't we keep trying.

BR,

DR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

After testing, if we add the group into the detail page rather than items, it will show groups. Please see my pic and attached file. 

4.PNG

If I understand incorrectly, please show us some screenshots.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Understand what you've done ....but it seems to defeat the whole object of grouping if ...as i understand it you created a table (column) to group in the first place. 

Tell me I got this wrong I would have to either create a new table or ...find and replace the original table(column)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your main table has not both attributes (MainCompany + Company) like:

MAIN COMPANYCOMPANYQTYVALUE
1A550
1B39
2D848
1C14
2E936
1A110
2D432

This way Power BI can make the grouping automatically, if it's not the case there's no way for Power BI to realise the association.

So either you tell with a table what Companies belong to each Main Company or you group as suggested above.

Let me know if it helped, if it worked please mark as solutions, if it didn't we keep trying.

BR,

DR

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have something similar, but slightly different. I want to select a product and then have to option to drilldown either to 1) product details page or 2) product group details page (showing the details of all products in the product group of the selected product).

For 1 I have no problems, but for 2 I cannot drilldown or I can drilldown but then a filter is applied to the product, so showing only details of that product and not of all products in the product group. I can obviously include product group to the main table, and drilldown on product group, but my users want to select a product and not a product group.

Any suggestions how I can set this up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have only one table with two columns like this:

Big CompaniesCompanies
Big Company 1A
Big Company 1B
Big Company 1C
Big Company 2D
Big Company 2E

And then connect the second column to your fact table or your company dimension table.

Let me know if it helped.

BR,

DR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.