Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

R15506
Regular Visitor

Grouping values across multiple charts

I have a list of leagal companies that make up the company I work for. These legal companies are grouped together to form business units (ie: CompanyX UK, CompanyX Germany, CompanyX Sweden together form Business Unit X). If I want to report on business unit level then I can use the grouping function, but this appears to only appear to affect one chart or table. Is there any way I can apply this grouping to a page (as you can with filtering) or do I have to apply it to each chart I want to use BU in? if i do can i copy it from one chart to another as I dont want to have to sift through and group 300+ companies for every chart!

Not all companies use the same format name and multiple companies operate in the same country, plus I also need to report on a country level but that can be on another page. Any and all ideas accepted!

1 REPLY 1

It sounds like this is a standard business logical grouping. You should therefore create a column in your table that provides this grouping as part of your data model. You can do this in the query editor by adding a new conditional column. You will see it on the add column menu in the query editor

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.