Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grouping revenue and displaying it in different visuals based on different metrics

Hello,

I have a fact table where in I have my Revenue. I need to display the revenue by metrics like Business Type, Company Type and Product Type. I also need a filter called "Revenue Range" which should contain brackets like [0-2 million],[2-6 million] and 6 million and above. This filter should filter out data for Revenue by each metric. For example, if I select Revenue-> [0-2 million], it should show me revenue by Business type, Revenue by Company type and Revenue by product type all lying between 0-2 million. I am unable to do this since I am facing relationship issue. Any help would be appreciated. Please refer to the image below for better clarity. I have cropped the X axis out cos of data security issues.

IMG-power bi.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may add a separate table for Slicer and add an appropriate measure to Visual level filters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may add a separate table for Slicer and add an appropriate measure to Visual level filters.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous

you need to create a calculated column in your table called something like Revenue Banding

then you would need somethign like a switch statement to run it

ie.

new calculated column;

Revenue Banding =
SWITCH ( TRUE ()

and, revenue <= 0, revenue <= 1000"0-1000",

and, revenue <= 1001, revenue <=2000, "10001-2000",

"not classified"

)

keep adding for each category (unclassified is to catch those that aren't in your specified conditions, can leave out)                            

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.