Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danextian
Super User
Super User

Grouping of visual disappaears

Hello,

I did these:

• I created a report
  • grouped some of the visuals
  • added background to the group
  • saved the report
  • opened the report again.

The grouping after opening the report disappears. The same happens when I duplcate a page with grouped visuals in it. And some more other issues with the group feature.

I tried uplading the report befoer closing it but it seems  that the grouping feature is not being saved at all because the same thing happens to the version of the report in the service. Anyone who has experienced this issue? I'm using the version 2 of April 2021 Power BI Desktop.

Pics posted for your reference

Grouping of visuals disappearsGrouping of visuals disappears

Should look like thisShould look like this

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.
3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @danextian,

Can you please share a sample pbix file with some dummy data to test?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly
BTW, did this issue appear on the latest version of power bi desktop? I'd like to suggest you test with the last version to confirm this scenario fixed.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I am using Version: 2.92.1067.0 64-bit (April 2021) which I believe is the latest as of writing. I cannot attached the pbix but included a link to it.  Note: that some of the visuals are supposed to be grouped but they disappear after re-openign the pbix.
The selected visuals in the image below are supposed to be grouped

The selected visuals are supposed to be groupedThe selected visuals are supposed to be grouped

Link to pbix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f2fNugC4Q6iHSIYEmsloFaAbtqzxEnzY/view?usp=sharing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Hi @danextian,

I can reproduce this issue when I test with your sample file. ( the 'group' option does not appear when right-clicking on this content)
When I test on a report file that design with some dummy data on the same device and client version, the issue disappeared and the 'group' feature works well.
Did this report design on the old version of the power bi desktop? Any preview feature/custom visuals added to it?

In addition, you can parameterize the old report to a template and use it to generate the new report on the latest version of power bi desktop.

Deep Dive into Query Parameters and Power BI Templates | Microsoft Power BI-blog | Microsoft Power B...

BTW, please not attach the sample file with real/sensitive data.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.