Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIfanatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Grouping label on x-axis not working

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately the grouping of labels seems to be a bit buggy. Consider the next two graphs that are identical in terms of settings (e.g. concatenate turned off, etc.). The upper one works fine, but the lower one does not group labels. I am showing months for each year:Whyyyy.jpg

The formatting of fields is identical, as is the code in the Query Editor.

Right now, I am looking for a way to group the labels like the upper graph. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am not able to share the pbix file, since it is quite big and quite complex to replicate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @BIfanatic,

Believe that the issue is regarding the Concatenation and the Continous or Categorical Type on the Axis.

Are this fields you use whole numbers or dates?

I have made the text with numbers and Dates and having the concatenation off however one thing that I notice was that the concatenation on was of when I went to the sort order (...) and choose one of the options.

Believe this is an issue with the visual. Will post a post on the issues to check if the developer team says anything.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @BIfanatic,

Believe that the issue is regarding the Concatenation and the Continous or Categorical Type on the Axis.

I have made the text with numbers and Dates and having the concatenation off however one thing that I notice was that the concatenation on was of when I went to the sort order (...) and choose one of the options.

Believe this is an issue with the visual. Will post a post on the issues to check if the developer team says anything.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Although the visuals were already sorted, I fixed it by sorting again and again. I don't know why it works now, but it does. It is not user-friendly though.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @BIfanatic,

Believe this is an error since in previous version of PBI this was not working like this.

I have placed an issue in the forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Continuous-x-axis-issue/idi-p/472104

Go there and refer that you are having this issue please do.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @BIfanatic,

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.