Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grouping a List of Values and Counting it as 1, otherwise 0

Hello.  I am fairly new to Power Bi and am struggling with how to do this.  I would like to group a list of values for a customer based on a field in my table.  If the table shows the customer has every value, I would like to show a 1; otherwise show a 0.

EX:  Customer ID         Value

1                     Dog

1                     Cat

1                     Bird

1                     Rabbit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution by creating a measure using the Calculate, Count and Filter functions:

TestID = IF (CALCULATE(
COUNT(Query2[ID]),
FILTER(
Query2,
Query2[BadgeName] = "Test East" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "BB" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "MD" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "NEP" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "NJ"
)
) = 5,1,0)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

>>If the table shows the customer has every value, I would like to show a 1; otherwise show a 0.

I am not sure what desired result would you want, could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the column I created:  TestID = IF(([BadgeName]="Test East" && [BadgeName] IN {"Test East","BB","MD","NEP","NJ"}),1,0)

Here is the outputcompletedsets.PNGPROBLEM:  1111997 is showing a 1 because it matches 1 of the values in the IN statement.  It should show a 0 because it doesn't match ALL of the values in the IN statement.  How can I fix this?  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a solution by creating a measure using the Calculate, Count and Filter functions:

TestID = IF (CALCULATE(
COUNT(Query2[ID]),
FILTER(
Query2,
Query2[BadgeName] = "Test East" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "BB" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "MD" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "NEP" ||
Query2[BadgeName] = "NJ"
)
) = 5,1,0)

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Here is my table.

myTable.PNG

Create a measure, place it on a matrix that has the list of customers as follows. The picture has the measure as well. Cust 1 owns all Cust 2 does not.

Measure1.PNGThe table is Cust Own

If this solves your issue, please mark this as the solution. Kudos are nice too!

@Nathaniel_C 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.