Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RobThrive
Resolver I
Resolver I

Grouped visuals showing unwanted border

I'm using BPI RS desktop client, and uploading to our own BPIRS server.

In this new September release we got the "grouping visual" feature (allows grouping in the selection pane). However I've noticed that when uploaded to the server, our users see this silly **bleep**e border around the grouped visuals when they move their mouse over any of the items in the group.

Is there a way to stop this happening please?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobThrive ,

Sorry, based on my research, there is no such function to move away the white border. However, when you publish the report to Power BI Service, the white border won't appear in Reading view.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am also having this same issue with grouped visuals. In my case, I have grouped several slicers together to make syncing easier. However, even in reading view, after clicking on the slicer I will get this black border that outlines the group.

It's very disappointing that there isn't a way to remove the border. 

Please unaccept the solution in this thread. There is NOT a solution to this issue. It is not solved.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

After investigating further, I noticed that in the date slicer (seen in the screen cap above) the black border will not appear if I click on the date box to select a specific day (above the slider), but if I use the slider, then the black border will appear. It's a very strange nuance.

ugurdemir
Advocate I
Advocate I

Poorly, there ise no solution yet.

RickG2
Advocate I
Advocate I

I was able to avoid the border by selecting a non-grouped visual before saving and publishing the report.

sedareports
Advocate II
Advocate II

Same issue here. Any resolution? 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobThrive ,

Is this problem sloved?

If it is sloved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

It's not solved, but I guess I also don't see any answer to the issue.
Thanks

I'm having the same issue.  Anyone find a solution?

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobThrive ,

Maybe you can give me some screenshots.

Best Regards,

Icey

Hi @Icey 

This is from the report server. The arrow and box inside the border are grouped together. When you click the arrow (button) it loads a bookmark that hides that visual and shows another directly in it's place (which is grouped together in their own group)

When I move the mouse away from those objects in the group, the white border disappears.  Robot surprised

border.png

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobThrive ,

Sorry, based on my research, there is no such function to move away the white border. However, when you publish the report to Power BI Service, the white border won't appear in Reading view.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

deefens
Frequent Visitor

Don't know who accepted this as solution.  The white border of course appears also in Reading view on Power BI Service, simple click in any of the grouped visuals and it shows up. I'm really annoyed of Microsoft introducing at least 2 new bugs with each new feature that are then not solved for years. Instead of adding features all the time MS should focus on getting basic stuff working.

This doesnt solve the problem. i have created groups in selection and published the report to PowerBI service. look at the silly border that pops up when you clicks any visualization. This is becuase of the selection grouping. 

MontyDogar_0-1626121420833.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.