Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wiene24
Helper II
Helper II

Grouped amount based on average payment speed

Hi,

I have two different tables, Relations and Invoices

Now I have calculated the datediff between the invoice date and the payment date.

I have created a table with the average payment speed of every relation.

I also have created a group that I need for another calculation

Groepering op aantal.PNG

Now I want to create a diagram where it shows me the amount of relations in each group.

I cannot use a new calculated column because then the average does not look at slicers.

I did try to make a column based on the average and IF function to make the group.

Hope it makes a bit of sense.

Kind regards,

Tim Wijnen

7 REPLIES 7
cnweke
Resolver II
Resolver II

Just use betaalsnelheid as both 'categorie' (category) and 'waarde' (amount) in a bar chart. Under waarde select 'Aantal' (Count) and that should be ready. It'll show you the different groups and the amount of firms per group.

Mark this as solved if it helped you, if it didn't let me know too and I'll try and help.

Veel succes!

In a bar charter you only have Ax/Legenda/Amount/Tooltips. 

I have deleted the groups because that doesn't work the way I want.

I now have created a measure wich shows me the right value in table.

Groepering op aantal 2.PNG

But I haven't been able to make a bar chart where I can see the amount of each group.

I do have a similar problem with a treemap. The treemap shows the top 10 of slowest and fastest paying clients, but now I want to add that I only want to see clients over a certain value. I can't put a filter to the invoice amount because that looks at single values.

Yes so group needs to be in 'axis' and 'amount' and on amount select it and use 'amount'. Then you should be fine for the amount of companies per group.

It doesn't allow me to put "Groep 2" in Axis or Amout. Maybe because it's a measure?

It will only be set in Tooltips.

Oh I see! Groep 2 is actually a measure. If you want to group by group 2 I'd advise you to rewrite it as a calculated column honestly. If you do that then your 'problem' is solved.

I would love to do that but I have added colomns that I need for it as 'new colomn', so not the the quiry editor.

Because of that I cannot use a calculated colomn because the colomns ain't shown.

That doesn't work because that will give me the amount based on every invoice, not on the calculated average of the client.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.