Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rodfernandez
Helper I
Helper I

Group waterfall chart in category "Other"

Hi,
I have the following problem,
I need to group all the categories of the waterfall chart that are not in the 90% of the total value,
for example, I have the following data

Column 1Column 2
A10
A12
B15
C9
B8
B5
A4
C10
D2
E1
F1
G3
H1

waterfall.png

The 90% of the Total (81) is 72.9, so only B, A and C should show as individual categories and G, D, E, F and H should show like "Other". Like this

waterfall2.png

Is there any way to do this without messing with de data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rodfernandez

I would approach this with a calculated column to identify if the category in column 1 of that record should be displayed as Other or the current category. so

Plot Type = if(calculate(sum(Table1[Column 2]),filter(Table1,Table1[Column 1] = earlier(Table1[Column 1]))) > sum(Table1[Column 2])*.1,[Column 1],"Other")

Then use Plot Type as the category for your waterfall chartWaterfall.PNGTable.PNG.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi rodfernandez

I would approach this with a calculated column to identify if the category in column 1 of that record should be displayed as Other or the current category. so

Plot Type = if(calculate(sum(Table1[Column 2]),filter(Table1,Table1[Column 1] = earlier(Table1[Column 1]))) > sum(Table1[Column 2])*.1,[Column 1],"Other")

Then use Plot Type as the category for your waterfall chartWaterfall.PNGTable.PNG.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.