Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSchepers
Regular Visitor

Group values above columns in Matrix visual

Hi all,

I have a simple question, hoping for a simple answer 🙂

I would like to make a matrix table containing two values displayed for a series of years. So I have a column Year, and two measures in the values (not displayed on rows), displayed for a large number of rows. The result looks like this:

2019-09-03_12-44-57.png

However I want to have each value grouped and displayed separately over the years. Like this:

2019-09-03_12-50-23.png

How can I achieve this? I am thinking of a workaround by making a new table with the two value names, putting this table as an extra column above the years and then creating a measure which displays the correct value depending on the column name.

Is there an easier way?

Many thanks in advance,

Michiel

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@marksaba This can be easily achieved using calculation groups Grouping Dimension by Measures in Matrix Visual Power BI: An Illustrative Use of Calculation Groups ...

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

marksaba
Helper II
Helper II

Have any custom visuals been found that allow for values to be moved above columns?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MSchepers 

I'm afraid there is no such feature for matix in Power BI.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is there a custom visual for this

Even i have a smiliar requirement. Is there any custom visual which would reslove this kind of requirement

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.