Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

depple
Helper III
Helper III

Group slicer

Hi,

Power BI newbie here, and I am struggling with coming up with ideas on how to solve a issue.

I have a slicer with weeks in my dataset. As the usage of this slicer is relatively constant, with selections equivalent to "4 latest periods", "2018" and "2017" etc., it si quite cumbersome to manually select the involved periods. How can I create a new slicer, where the options are typical selections like mentioned above?

Slicer.PNG

/depple

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @depple,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to create a slicer with the options 4 latest periods", "2018" and "2017" etc?

If it is, I think you could group the weeks by dax fomula and then create the custom visual hierarchy Slicer.

hierarchy slicer.PNG

If you still need help, please share your data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for your suggestion. Today I discovered that it was easier to program the grouping in the data export setup, so I won't have to do it in Power BI.

/depple

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @depple,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to create a slicer with the options 4 latest periods", "2018" and "2017" etc?

If it is, I think you could group the weeks by dax fomula and then create the custom visual hierarchy Slicer.

hierarchy slicer.PNG

If you still need help, please share your data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your suggestion. Today I discovered that it was easier to program the grouping in the data export setup, so I won't have to do it in Power BI.

/depple

Hi @depple ,

If you have solved your problem, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.