Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Group in Matrix Visual

Good morning,

I made a Matrix Visual that should show per day, per ressource the times where the ressources (lets call them people ^^)  come and go.

My Problem ist, that they come and go a couple of times per day (lunchbreak for example) and the visual always groups per Date.

I would like something like this:

DateRessourceNrBeginningEnd
01.01.2019108:0012:00
  13:0017:00
 208:0012:00
02.01.2019108:0012:00

and what I get is more like:

DateRessourceNrBeginningEnd
01.01.2019108:0012:00
02.01.2019108:0012:00
 208:00

12:00

If anybody could help me, it would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

we can create a index column depends on the date and resource to meet your requirement.

Index =
VAR d = [Date]
VAR nr = [RessourceNr]
RETURN
    RANKX (
        (
            FILTER ( 'Test', AND ( 'Test'[Date] = d, 'Test'[RessourceNr] = nr ) )
        ),
        [Beginning],
        ASC
    )

5.PNG6.PNG

You can use other unique column to archive same goal.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You do not want data for the period -

Then you can use the visual level filter. Or you want to group some data from the above period with 8:00 -12:00 Data period?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want all the data. So if I have multiple Beginnings and Ending I want to see them all, but they always seem to group per Date/Ressource

Hi @Anonymous ,

we can create a index column depends on the date and resource to meet your requirement.

Index =
VAR d = [Date]
VAR nr = [RessourceNr]
RETURN
    RANKX (
        (
            FILTER ( 'Test', AND ( 'Test'[Date] = d, 'Test'[RessourceNr] = nr ) )
        ),
        [Beginning],
        ASC
    )

5.PNG6.PNG

You can use other unique column to archive same goal.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, I just have one more Problem. The Matrix only shows me the first Value that I put in Row (sorry its all german).

I worked with a Matrix before and it worked perfectly and now Ic ant seem to find an Option or the source for the Problem.

Unbenannt.PNGUnbenannt2.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am sorry for my unclear answer, you can use the expand button to get the full table.

15.PNG

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.