Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

benfrenkel
Helper I
Helper I

Group format & delimter

hi

how to define delimter with format group  ( ribban )   tp a selected column in query or table ??

the only way that i find is

total_invoice_sales = Format((Fact_InvHeader[table_price]*2),"standard")

for a measure or new column

with  this formula i  it is not possible to select  this measure to a  value in chart

or to set sumeris  !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @benfrenkel,

The FORMAT function(DAX) will convert a value to text according to the specified format. So you cannot use it as the value(a number type is needed) in chart or to set summaries for it.

Instead of using Format function in this scenario, I would suggest you use the Formatting options under Modeling tab to format your measures or calculate columns.Smiley Happy

format.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @benfrenkel,

The FORMAT function(DAX) will convert a value to text according to the specified format. So you cannot use it as the value(a number type is needed) in chart or to set summaries for it.

Instead of using Format function in this scenario, I would suggest you use the Formatting options under Modeling tab to format your measures or calculate columns.Smiley Happy

format.PNG

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.