Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lizrowden
Helper I
Helper I

Group data rows by 'count distinct' value

I am trying to get a count of the # of units serviced and having a difficult time. I feel like I have tried everything from the posts, but nothing is working. Below is a snapshot of the data and to the right (in red), the expected result. I need to get the # of units serviced on a call-by-basis, but also need the # of units serviced by each technician.  

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

group by distinct sample.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lizrowden add new measure for calls by serial #

Calls by Serial # = 
DISTINCTCOUNT( CallDetailTable[ Call# ] )

drop table visua, and put serial # and Calls by Serial # and you will get the result

similar way you can add another measure for technicians

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@lizrowden add new measure for calls by serial #

Calls by Serial # = 
DISTINCTCOUNT( CallDetailTable[ Call# ] )

drop table visua, and put serial # and Calls by Serial # and you will get the result

similar way you can add another measure for technicians

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I appreciate your response, but I'm sorry I do not understand. Using a distinctcount by call # does not give the expected result. Perhaps you could provide clarification on the following...."drop table visua, and put serial # and Calls by Serial # and you will get the result"

@lizrowden can you share sample pbix file using onedrive/google drive and get you the solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.