Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Group data and nice graph

Hi! Does anyone know how to do this easily? I want to group two columns (to create kind of family) and get the result as on attached graph.

Blue, green and yellow bars are XYZ and the axis shows value(dollars).

Table:

table.JPG

Future graph:

abcd.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get the samer result by dragging columns as shown in picture below into a clustered column chart:

2019-08-29 13_53_35-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get the samer result by dragging columns as shown in picture below into a clustered column chart:

2019-08-29 13_53_35-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Im soooo stupid 🙂 thanks man!

Do you know though how to re-change the order in graph? Mine is D A C B...

Hi @Anonymous 
At the right top corner of the visual there is an ellipse (...) button. Click on it and select Sort by the column name that you used as X axis and then do sort by ascending.

Thanks,

Ani

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Ani1991 and @Anonymous  so much for the replies! I am still learning PowerBI and I am quite new on it... 

Other question... is there a way to put in the "matrix" visual filtering like in Excell columns? So to have it on top so anyone can play with filtering?

Could you also suggest much nicer graph than the Clustered Column Chart? It doesn't look visually very nice. I am looking for something more interesting...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest that you play around with the different visualisations and settings for them, here i copied the first viz and changed som settings:

2019-08-29 14_49_11-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't get it why the new microsoft tool has such a poor graph visuals... Excell has 3d and other stuff...

Anonymous
Not applicable

is there a way to make the bars wider?

Ani1991
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous 

You can create 3 measures like below

SUM_X = CALCULATE(SUM(abcdon[DOLLARS]),FILTER(abcdon,abcdon[XYZ] = "X"))

SUM_Y = CALCULATE(SUM(abcdon[DOLLARS]),FILTER(abcdon,abcdon[XYZ] = "Y"))

SUM_Z = CALCULATE(SUM(abcdon[DOLLARS]),FILTER(abcdon,abcdon[XYZ] = "Z"))

Drag this in a clustered column chart as shown and you will get the expected output.

image.png

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ani

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your line correct?

When I start to write it down it created me this:

SUMX = CALCULATE(SUM((data[ABC(D)] ...

How should i continue as I can put two columns in this calculation?

Hi @Anonymous 
Those are 3 different measures.
You will need to create 3 different measures by writing those lines respectively in three different measures.

Else you can also follow the method suggested by @Anonymous  Sorry I missed the Legend field, my bad 😞

Thanks,

Ani

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.