Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BishwaR
Helper V
Helper V

Group by with Two Columns

Hi I have a table like this

Region                                Category           Total Day

Asia                                    Expensive             2

North America                   Cheap                  4

Europe                              Very Expensive      5

Ais                                       Very Cheap         1

I have to show these values in one bar graph Region Vs  Group By Category which includes Category+ Today Day.

I can create a group in the Fields section based on Category to include "Expensive","Cheap","Very Expensive" and "Very Cheap" but how to include " Total Day" in the same group so that I can get it all in the Legend

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BishwaR ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment) for you, please check whether that is what you want. You can create a visual as below using Clustered Column Chart By Akvelon :

yingyinr_0-1656571320620.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @BishwaR 

Do you want something like this:

VahidDM_0-1654729184627.png

If yes, use the column chart and set the fiels as below:

VahidDM_1-1654729224867.png

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

All logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog | YouTube 

FIFA World Cup - Medal Records 

Thank you so much for the prompt response, but I forgot to mention Region in my question.

Please look at my message once again 

Can you create your result chart in excel or sketch that on paint (app) and share it with us to be on the same page?

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

All logo

This is what I want in the Bar Graph.SAMPLE.jpg

What are the values of the Category? How come in Asia region, Expensive is lest than Cheap value? Is it the count of each category by region? I cannot assume that it is the total days because in North America, total days is less compared to other categories.

Please elaborate.

Thank you.

I just made up that graph manually in excel for the demo.  It has nothing to do with the table I have posted. Value for the category would be the count of Categories. I am just trying to figure out how can we group two different columns to plot in the Bar Graph. Thank you

Hi @BishwaR ,

I created a sample pbix file(see attachment) for you, please check whether that is what you want. You can create a visual as below using Clustered Column Chart By Akvelon :

yingyinr_0-1656571320620.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Try this:

VahidDM_0-1654822368798.png

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!! 

All logo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.