Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Group by in Matrix Visualization

Hi everyone! 

I have data with lots of categories and manufacturers, and would like to show their shares in matrix visualization, but not as drill down, but as groups, so that for every category there would be shown 3 Top Manufacturers in that particular category of products. Like that (color - category, make - manufacturer and instead of model - shares). 

grouping.png

I've tried to turn off the stepped layout in row headers, but nothing has changed. 

Btw, this is what i inserted:

group.jpg

Thank you so much in advance. 

Best, 

Zhibek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

If you want to get Top 3 in each category, I think you need to set Top N filter in Manufacturer Field, then  you could check whether this work or not.

You also could try to use measure to achieve this goal, you could refer to http://funbiworld.com/2019-04-24-rank-hierarchy/  and https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/filtering-the-top-3-products-for-each-category-in-power-bi/  for details

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

do you want to populate each row if so use the table object rather than the matrix?

otherwise can you provide an example of what you want the result to be

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.