Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jude_moore
Helper II
Helper II

Group by another field not in the matrix

Hello Power BI Community

Please help with this development task.

I am trying to acheive the Total Out column by using the Hidden Field to group the numbers of the seperate results in the Detail coumn, that I am not wanting to include in the matrix in blue.

Once making the Total Out column, I can then made the graph on the right. The graph shows each Business Area but the figures from Total Out.

The issue is that I need to clever DAX to avoid having to include the Hidden Field in the marix that would also help me create the graph without using Hidden Field.

August Data.PNG

The data is held within the Excel file in the DataRequests tab and the Detail and Total Out is the sum of the No. Data Requests column therein.

Excel File

6 REPLIES 6
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jude_moore,

You may refer to the measure below.

Measure =
VAR g =
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[Hidden Field] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table1[Detail] ),
        Table1[Hidden Field] = g,
        ALLSELECTED ( Table1[Busines Area] )
    )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam
Thanks for the response, Unfortunately didn’t work. I did however manage to get it working using a Summarize table then joined the table to the main query to get the desired result.
Regards

@jude_moore,

It seems to work for me.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam

I tried what you suggested again and I got the screenshot below and suffering from missing values.

capture

Have you got your pbix ?

Thanks

Jude

@jude_moore,

Yes, check if the values in [Hidden Field] match exactly.

Hi Sam

Did you attach something that I missed ?

You mentioned Yes but I didnt see anything attached.

Sorry if I missed it.

Jude

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors