Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Group By Value in Matrix then Column

Hi all,

Hoping there's a quick work around for this.  Often we'll have multiple financial measures we want to show in a table such as MTH, YTD, Budget, Forecast etc.  But we may want to overlay a split of these costs such as capex opex. The result should look like this.  

Correct Table Headers.jpg

However if you put in the measures, then use [Capex / Opex] in the column field of a matrix, you get this grouping where it shows all opex together, then all capex together.

Incorrect Table Headers.jpg

To overcome this, we have to write a capex and opex specific measure for every variation we want to report.  Is there a better way where we can group by the 'Values' input (per picture 1 and green text below) rather than grouping the 'Column' input (per picture 2 and red text below)?

Field LIst.jpg

Thanks

KC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

Do you mean something like below?

ActualsYTD      ForecastETC
Code	Capex   Opex   	Capex   OPex

If so, I would suggest you vote up this idea.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @KCinMelbourne,

Do you mean something like below?

ActualsYTD      ForecastETC
Code	Capex   Opex   	Capex   OPex

If so, I would suggest you vote up this idea.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'd love to vote for the idea but I'm unable to do so. I'm prompted to log in with an admin account which I don't have.

Thanks @v-jiascu-msft, that's exactly what I was chasing.

For anyone reading this thread chasing the same thing - please vote up the idea. This would be a simple but fantastic addition.

Cheers

KC

AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Can you move Code to be the first level in the Column box?

Hi @AlexisOlson,

I can but this simply creates a new group above the already incorrect order of grouping.  It would also be really difficult for my stakeholders to read with each project code listed in the columns instead of in the rows 😉

Here is a screenshot of what that would look like anyway:

Code in Rows.jpg

Cheers

Kirsty

Ah, I completely misinterpreted what Code was. Sorry.

No worries at all, I appreciate you taking the time to respond anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.