Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brianmsbc
Frequent Visitor

Group By This but not by that

So im trying to Calculate at the "Measure" level which will produce a whole number output (1,2,3,4,5). Once this value is found, it needs to aggregate at the "Contract" level (one of three categories). So if i filter for one Contract, it should STILL be a whole number, but if i choose two contracts, it would be an average of the two (scores of 1 and 2 would aggregate to 1.5).

Right now im using SUMX(VALUES([Measure]),CALCULATE(formula)). This is aggregating the formula AFTER"Contract" selection is considered instead of BEFORE (so that instead of finding values of 1 and 2 equaling 1.5, it is aggregating at the contract level first to find either 1 or 2).

How do i alter my DAX formula so that it aggregates BEFORE it considers "Contract"?

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @brianmsbc 

I cannot reproduce your scenario.Could you share a simplified data sample and expected output?Please follow this article How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly to post your data.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.