Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Group By Date Hour and Production line

Hi All,

Appreciate if you guys can help. 

I have created a column 'NewDateTime' from my datetime column to show the date and hour group.

jenas6423_0-1600675480014.png

I would like to group by Prodline, Date & Hour. With Actual and Incremental value is from the max value - min value within the hour.

The expected result is like:

jenas6423_1-1600675870402.png

You may find the data source file at below link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10e__qMyssLSVOEnSfhdRBRG4EG5cIrZ2/view?usp=sharing

I couldnt use power query as Im using direct query, so have to create new column with dax.

Regards.

Jenas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try to use ALLEXCEPT to group data. But for your expected results, I'm a little confused. Do you want to create a "Calculation" column that is grouped by Prodline, Date & Hour? If so, there is no data about Max and Min values in your data source.

I created two measures to calculate actual and incremental values by group. Create calculated columns with Direct Query may change your connection mode from DQ to mix (DQ+Import). So it is best to create measures to implement it.

actual_ = CALCULATE(SUM(data[actual_val]),ALLEXCEPT(data,data[Prodline],data[NewDateTime]))
incremental_val_ = CALCULATE(SUM(data[incremental_val]),ALLEXCEPT(data,data[Prodline],data[NewDateTime]))

3.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I have two call tables, one contains unique records (table 1) and the other records in sequence (Table 2), I need to find a way to group the call sequence of table 2 with the records of table 1; The critical thing is that the only key I can in both tables is the date and time.

Can someone advise me?

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try to use ALLEXCEPT to group data. But for your expected results, I'm a little confused. Do you want to create a "Calculation" column that is grouped by Prodline, Date & Hour? If so, there is no data about Max and Min values in your data source.

I created two measures to calculate actual and incremental values by group. Create calculated columns with Direct Query may change your connection mode from DQ to mix (DQ+Import). So it is best to create measures to implement it.

actual_ = CALCULATE(SUM(data[actual_val]),ALLEXCEPT(data,data[Prodline],data[NewDateTime]))
incremental_val_ = CALCULATE(SUM(data[incremental_val]),ALLEXCEPT(data,data[Prodline],data[NewDateTime]))

3.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xue Ding,

Thank you for your reply. I have already solved the issue. Appreciate.

Regards.

Jenas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.