Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Khene
Frequent Visitor

Gross Margins in power pivot

Hi All, I am new, please be patient with me. I'm trying to find the equivalent to Calculated items in pivot to create my income statement. 

I created a mapping table as a table with the various levels of naming convention to appear in power pivot. L3, L4 forming the hierachy to allow for drill downs in the power pivot. Then, I mapped the various data models together, Fact Table being a standard Trial Balance linked to the mapping look up table. The result is the pwoer pivot table. Creating DAX measures for gross margins doesn't allow me to select the new item into the pivot, because it doesn't exist. 

Is there a way to get power pivot to 

1) Look up L4 for "Revenue" & "Cost of Goods"

2) Create a new Name Gross Margins so that the calculated value of Gross Margins can appear as a row instead of a column beside YTD Variance %? 

I have left "+" radial signs in the pivot to allow user to expand these fields. So when they expand these fields, the gross margins will also show up according to the sub level cateogories. In Pivot, it was an easy calculated item. 

Really struck. Hope the guru here can point my logic in the right direction. 

Sorry, if I am not making sense. I've tried so many blogs but fail to find a solution. Very new to DAX and power pivot. this is my first income statement model. 

Capture 3.JPG

Capture.JPGCapture 2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Khene
Frequent Visitor

Solved! Used Switch DAX measures! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rogter

Hi, I am having the same issue.

Where can I find the solution please?

Many thanks

Khene
Frequent Visitor

Solved! Used Switch DAX measures! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.