Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greyed out fields not showing up when publishing to Online service

Hello Community, 

I am working on PBI Desktop using .pbix files which I downolad from reports in a workspaces of which I have admin rights (although it is setup by IT in my company). On PBI Desktop, some of the tables in the Fields lists are greyed out - but some columns are availalbe and I can work with them.

However, when I publish on the workspace those fields are not visible anymore and cannot interact with them (if not downloading, and publishing again....).

No impact on the related visuals, they still work - but cannot modify anything which requires those fields clearly. 

How is it possible to visualize all the fields on Online service as well ? 

Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

The field in power bi desktop is grey because you have hidden this field, the reason that you can see the hidden field is that you have enabled 'View Hidden' for this field so that you can use the hidden field in power bi desktop.

hide.png

You should know that power bi service can only create visuals, buttons etc., anything about modeling and relationships is all on power bi desktop. So you could not see the hidden field and change its status on power bi service.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

As I wrote, the problem is on Online, on Desktop they are all there. Those greyed out on Desktop are not visible in the Online. 

Hi @Anonymous ,

The field in power bi desktop is grey because you have hidden this field, the reason that you can see the hidden field is that you have enabled 'View Hidden' for this field so that you can use the hidden field in power bi desktop.

hide.png

You should know that power bi service can only create visuals, buttons etc., anything about modeling and relationships is all on power bi desktop. So you could not see the hidden field and change its status on power bi service.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Right click (In Desktop) and check they might be hidden in the report view. If so just unhide them

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.