Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heatherWire

Greyed out elements in online power bi app

Hello,

My organization publishes Power BI's to the online app and then shares them via SharePoint.  They are only visible to users who have enterprise logins.  However, over the last couple of months, we have noticed some of the elements on the display being grayed out, mostly titles and content boxes.  The top image is how our title looks in the online app and the bottom image is how our title should look and how it looks in the desktop app.

I have formatted the grey elements in desktop to specify hard black colors and then republished them.  They will fix themselves online for a few weeks and then they will revert back to the greyed out element.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?  Thank you!

2018-06-12_1218.png2018-06-12_1220.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @heatherWire

“publishes Power BI's to the online app”

This means you create an App which contains your reports and dataset, then publish this App.

“shares them via SharePoint”

When you have published your app you can create an embed code. Then you can insert this code into your sharepoint site and be able to view the reports from sharepoint.

Right?

Best regards

Maggie

Thanks v-juanli-msft!  Yes, we publish to the power BI online app and then we use the generated link to link elements in our Sharepoint site.  However, the link should take users to the power BI published report and out of Sharepoint.  

The issue is that our titles in the power BI published reports are not staying rich black.  They are converting to a light gray.

Hi @heatherWire

As tested, it can’t support to add a link of a Power BI APP to the Power BI report link in SharePoint page.

We can embed Power BI report in SharePoint Online.

As this guide said, please check if the user have access to the report.

Additionally, which web browser do you use, you may encounter issues if using Internet Explorer 10.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hey, thanks.  However, I'm not sure you're understanding the issue I'm actually having.  I'm not having an issue sharing reports or embedding to SharePoint at all.  The issue is that the reports on app.powerbi.com are displaying false font colors on the title that shouldn't be there.  I was just wondering if anyone else was having this display issue and if they were able to resolve it.  Thank you for your input.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.