Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tlotly
Resolver II
Resolver II

Gray colour on text box

Hi All

Quick question, how do I get rid of this gray colour on the top part of the text box? I'm creating a mobile view on a report that was created a while back. When I drag the textbox over to mobile view it becomes unnecessarily too big. I tried reducing it on desktop view to no avail. The top gray part makes just makes it too big on mobile view.

Tlotly_0-1637317769445.png

I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with the version of the desktop because textboxes on the other reports don't have this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Tlotly .

Yes, you are right.
The latest Power BI version doesn't have that kind of a display of a text box.
Maybe you can update the Desktop version and try it.

Regards,
Sanket Bhagwat.

If this post helps, then mark it as 'Accept as Solution'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tlotly ,

I also agree with the suggestion to update to the latest version. Because each update will introduce many new features and fix some problems in the old version, which will facilitate our subsequent development.

Also in my old version test, the text box did not show the Gray color part, refer to my settings. Or refer to a similar solution.

vhenrykmstf_0-1637633737105.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1637633750224.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please point it out. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tlotly
Resolver II
Resolver II

@SanketBhagwat yes that's what I've noticed too, thank you. I thought maybe there's a workaround that other than updating the version. 

SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Tlotly .

Yes, you are right.
The latest Power BI version doesn't have that kind of a display of a text box.
Maybe you can update the Desktop version and try it.

Regards,
Sanket Bhagwat.

If this post helps, then mark it as 'Accept as Solution'.

@SanketBhagwat I did realise it's related to the desktop version. The report was created using Jan2021 version. Anyway I had to use the text box as is on the mobile version even though it looks bigger. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.