Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Graphing the time email messages are sent

Hi,

I have setup an O365 mail account where we CC a single daily email message. I have conencted Power BI to the mailbox and am trying to create a simple line graph showing every day the time that the mail is sent.

After lots of searching I found that if I diplicate the date\time sent column and set one to type date and the other to type time, I can get seperate date and time values.

I want to create a graph that shows the time the mail was ent for each date. What I can't seem to get rid of is the count of date. I have seen and tried all sorts of things.

powerbi.jpg

Any ideas ??

Thanks, 

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

After my research, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

First, found that if I diplicate the date\time sent column and set one to type date and the other to type time, I can get seperate date and time values.

You just change the datetype of the two column, but the actual value doesn't change, the same time but different date is not equal although they are seen same in data view,

you could use these two formula to add two columns then change the data type of them.

date = DATE(YEAR('Table'[date sent]),MONTH('Table'[date sent]),DAY('Table'[date sent]))

time = TIME(HOUR('Table'[date sent]),MINUTE('Table'[date sent]),SECOND('Table'[date sent]))

Second, line chart and bar chart are all aggregation graphics. so values must be "count""sum", etc.

You may try to use a table visual for your requirement, like 

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.