Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Graphing Y-Quantity by X-Axis Values

Hi All. Simple problem here, I can't graph something properly.

I have a equation showing how long something was in inventory. This gives me the correct amount of days, and I'm happy with the result of the equation:

Days in Inventory = if(ISBLANK('CW Inventory by Location'[Posting_Date]),blank(),1.0*('CW Inventory by Location'[Posting_Date]-today()))

But when I try to graph I only get a SUM of the total number of days. No matter what I try, using aggregations like "Count" "Value" field for aggregates. It just shows a number like -800,000, which is the total number of days, or 50,000, which is the total quantity.

Does anybody know why I can't do a graph like the one attached?clw404Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK i figured out how to count the number of items by the number of days they have been in inventory. But there aren't any items that have been in inventory 6,7, or 12 days. Is there a way for me to show these on the graph?

The way I got it to where it is now is by putting in the "Values" area:

Days in Inventory

Count of Days in Inventory

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
richbenmintz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are you trying to count the number of products within each days in inventory bucket? If so you could use a calcutlated column power query expression to bucket your products, your horizaontal access can then disply your buckets and your vertical access can display your count of products within each bucket

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't say I'm trying to create buckets. Just 1 x-axis label for each number, minimum to maximum. So even if there are 0 items are 5 days old, I still want the number "5" shown on the x-axis graph with a y-value of 0.

I've tried to read your suggestions many times but I don't think I'm at a high enough level of BI to comprehend what you're saying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK i figured out how to count the number of items by the number of days they have been in inventory. But there aren't any items that have been in inventory 6,7, or 12 days. Is there a way for me to show these on the graph?

The way I got it to where it is now is by putting in the "Values" area:

Days in Inventory

Count of Days in Inventory

Hi @Anonymous,

But there aren't any items that have been in inventory 6,7, or 12 days. Is there a way for me to show these on the graph?

Do you mean show 0 for in inventory 6, 7, or 12 days on the graph? Could you post some sample data with your expected result in this case? It's better to upload a sample pbix file. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jerri,

I was reading the table form of this data, which skipped over any data with 0. But in a graph, it still shows this on the x-axis. So this is solved now 😄  Thank you very much.

can you share your pbix file, i would be happy to try to solve this puzzle for you.

I hope this helps,
Richard

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos Appreciated!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out. Thank you very much for offering, I appreciate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.