Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saimachi

Graphing Measures on a Bar Plot with Named Bar Values

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a bar graph that consists of multiple measures. On the x-axis, I want to provide a name for each measure (bar) that I graph. I learned about the concept of a measure table. In my scenario, how would this work? Is it possible to provide, in my measure table, an association between a name and a measure that returns a scalar value?

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saimachi 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saimachi 

You might only add measures into value without add Name into axis.

My sample table:

2.png

If it is possible you could add measure name or category in axis, and you could see measure name in X axis.

1.png

Or you can build a Measure Name Table and build a matrix by add Name into row and group two visuals.

3.png

You can download the pbix file from this link: Graphing Measures on a Bar Plot with Named Bar Values

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saimachi , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example?
What I getting is that you are looking for measure slicer

https://radacad.com/change-the-column-or-measure-value-in-a-power-bi-visual-by-selection-of-the-slic...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/50...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnx7QUVYME
Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi @amitchandak,

The image below shows my current configuration. I am plotting 12 measures, and they are all clustered together, and besides the legend, each bar does not have a name associated with it, which is what I'd like to do.

InitialBarPlot.PNG

I have populated my measure table with the names I want below each bar. That way, I can set the Name column of the table as the x-axis of the plot. I was wondering if I could populate a second column of my table with the associated measure value.

Thanks for the resources you gave, I'll take a look through them.

@saimachi , you can either have a legend of multiple measures. you can not have both. You can enable show legend to show the legend name

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.