Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobinH
Helper I
Helper I

Graphic with duration over a period

Good afternoon Community

I Already started about this topic in another sub : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/how-to-slpit-a-duration-to-serval-dates/m-p/1...

I Try to split the (remaining) duration between two dates.

Between startdate and end date (if start is in the future) or today and enddate (if start date is in the past).

I try to create a grafic like this:

Grafik Power bi Forun.PNG

On this link you will find a Excelfile similar to my source file: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhAHMdCrj8gdgdQErMuQLUP00Pr2Uw?e=XDaWgf

At tme moment i just have a visual looking like this:

Forum time 1.PNG

Thany you all very much!!

regards

Robin

3 REPLIES 3
ARNR
Regular Visitor

Good evening to all

I am trying to make a graph of duration with format hh:mm:ss in Y axis. In power query I have change in duration. When I apply modifications in power BI it transforms in decimals. and if I want, in power query to change in duration with format HH:MM:SS, I cannot have that in Y axis because it only counts and doesn't calculate average, min or max as for him it is categorical. The only possibility is to have everything in seconds. But in seconds at the first glance it is not easy to evaluate the exact duration, especially if it is 9874 sec.

Can you help me on this please ?

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobinH ,

"I Try to split the (remaining) duration between two dates."

I don't quite understand your calculation logic and what field are the X and Y axes of the visual?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lionel-msft 

Thanks for your feedback.

About the calculation, if i have a order with start date 05.10.2020 and end 09.10.2020 (5 workdays) with a duration of 50 minutes this would mean 10 minutes each day if i check it today.
If i would do the same next tuesday (06.10.2020) and the remaining duration still is 50 minutes (duration minus working time) it would be 12.5 minutes each day until the end date.

The x axis is a date axe with the first start date (or actual date what ever is easier) and the last end date.
The y axis shows the cummulated hours (or minutes) which still have to be done.

I have no idea at the moment how to show remaining time if the end date is in the past.

Best regards

Robin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.