Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Graph with two y axis complimentary to each other

Hi everyone,

I am using a line and a bar chart combined in one graph. In general, I like that the left y-axis is independent from the right y-axis. However, I don't want it this time. The red line is indicating is maximum, so the blue bars shouldn't cross this line (see below). And I can't determine the start and end of the y-axis, because the chart is dynamic (the bars and line can have a value of only 50 instead of 4000). Is there a way or other chart which solves this problem?

Thank you in advance.

line and bar chart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So, like I said if it's not a constant line, just use the maximum line function. It's dynamic and changes based on the maximum value of the blue line. It'll always be on top and shift based on your slicer selections.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cnweke
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi there,

Not completely sure if I truly get your use case but I suppose you can just use analyse and plot a maximum or constant line.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cnweke ,

Thank you for your response. The maximum line is not a constant line! The number (of customers) you see in the plot are all of our customers. But we do have many locations, so the number of customers and the maximum number of customers differ per location and thus selection of the locations.

So, like I said if it's not a constant line, just use the maximum line function. It's dynamic and changes based on the maximum value of the blue line. It'll always be on top and shift based on your slicer selections.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.