Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brose
Regular Visitor

Graph with Month and Week on the X axis

Hello Everyone!  I would like to create a graph like the one seen below where I'm able to show the months utilization in the bar graph and the weekly utilization in the line part of the graph.  Is this something I would be able to do in PowerBI? Any help would be much appreicated! Graph.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @brose 

Based on your description, i created data to reproduce your scenario.

You may create a measure as follows to filter which day of a week should be used in visual to show results.

Measure = WEEKDAY(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Date]))

Finally, you may achieve your requirement with the ‘Line and Stacked Column Chart’, put the measure to ‘Filters on the visual’, configure as follows.

f2.png

If I misunderstand the your thoughts, please show me your expected output and sample data. I am glad to solve the problem for you.

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Allan - Thank you very much for responding.  In the example you sent, it looks like both the line and bar are using "weekly" values.  What I would like is for the bar to show the utilization for the entire month, while the line shows the utilization for each of the weeks within that month.  So there would be one bar for each month, and then a point in the line for each week.  Does that make sense? @v-alq-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.