Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lukasjar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Graph shows differently in Power BI Desktop to Power BI Client/Web app

Hello Community.

I have a an issue with the mixed column/line graph showing differently in Power BI Desktop to Power BI Client and Power BI Web.

I believe the problem started on Wednesday (21/4/2021) as I have not noticed it before.

There are no RLS in the database or .pbix.

As you can see on the picture below the left graph showes the correct way. The right graph limits the black and grey lines to the max value for columns as it seems. Axis are set to min.Auto and max.Auto. When I hover above the datapoint on the right graph line maxed out values I have the same value as on the left graph.

The correct way that it should show is as in Power BI Desktop (left graph).

I can not set a max axis value since max can be very different from 10 to 10 000 and this would only be a work around and not a solution to why it shows differently.

I have tried re-uploading, deleting and uploading again.

different graph values.png

Thank you for any assistance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lukasjar,

Did you use tables to store the DateTime values with a particular local timezone offset? If that is the case, the current power bi service will force convert your DateTime value as UTC format.

If your calculation is based on DateTime values, they may cause the difference between the desktop and service sides. You can take a look at the following blog to know more about this:

Resolving Timezone Issue on Power BI service – For Power BI.com (4pbi.com)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I use seperate dimensions for the Date and Time and I limit it to StartTimeHour as the code is Below.

I calculate the Tz difference in a separate Dimension table.

The issue is not the values being different when uploading and reading it. The issue is  the axis not moving for the line values, and as I mentioned above it seems to have started sometime during the last week, this has not been an issue beofe. So could it be some update that has changed something?

convert(varchar,TimeTrue,23) as Date,

format(TimeTrue, 'HH') StartTimeHour,

HI @lukasjar,

What version of power bi desktop are you test on? Any previous features enabled on your report? Can you please share a pbix file with some dummy data to test?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Power BI Desktop Version: 2.92.706.0 64-bit (april 2021)

Link to a file below. I changed it from direct query to Import. I also uploaded it and had the same issue when viewing in Power BI desktop / Power BI client or web.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pglp1uul2uh9dw4/TakttavlaCom.pbix?dl=0 

Hi @lukasjar,

I can reproduce this issue on my side. (the second y-axis has been forced enable so chart graph changes)

I contact my colleagues to confirm it is a known issue of combo charts with multiple y-axes.

Notice: This issue will be fixed after the recent version released.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.